In this interview with Richard Emmons, Dr. Gary North explains the nature of modern government, the cliches of socialism, and the necessity of self-government for a functioning society in this interview about his Government 1A course for the Ron Paul Curriculum.
Course Overview: Government 1A
- What is government?
- Why self-government is the primary form of government
- How the effectiveness of family and church government affects the size of civil government
- Why Robert Nisbet was concerned about too much power in the hands of the state
- What is the politics of plunder?
- What is the broken window fallacy?
- Why there is no such thing as a free lunch
- How the “Cliches of Socialism” expand the welfare state
- What is the politics of the fair share? Click here to read Dr. Gary North’s article on this topic.
- How Dr. Gary North saw the politics of plunder first hand as Congressman Ron Paul’s first staff economist
- Do politicians read bills before they vote on them?
Dr. Thomas Woods teaches the Government 1B course for the Ron Paul Curriculum.
- The Law by Frederic Bastiat (free download) (kindle)
- How To Argue With a Liberal and Win by Joel McDurmon (free and paid formats)
- What Makes You Think We Read the Bills? by Bill Richardson (Amazon)
Get Started With the Ron Paul Curriculum
You can see all the courses available with the Ron Paul Curriculum by clicking here. Every course comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
About the Instructor
Dr. Gary North is the author of over 60 books, including Honest Money, Salvation Through Inflation, and a 31-volume Economic Commentary of the Bible. He has published the Remnant Review newsletter since 1974. He has written over 1,700 articles on Lew Rockwell.com. Dr. North received his Ph.D. in American history from the University of California, Riverside.
Dr. North teaches economics, American history, business, government, and the high school English courses for the Ron Paul Curriculum.
Subscribe now so you won’t miss a single episode!
Click here to subscribe at iTunes. Click here to subscribe at Stitcher.
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely. I really appreciate it. Enjoy the show!
Subscribe to get homeschooling wit, wisdom and updates.