Listen to Dr. Gary North deliver a graduation speech to the 12th grade graduates of the Ron Paul Curriculum. In this speech, Dr. North encourages the graduates to plan for and live a life which makes a difference. ROI is short for “Return on Investment.” Part 2 of 2.
You can listen to part 1 of this graduation speech by clicking here.
ROI: Return On Investment Graduation Speech Overview
- Job and calling
- Your job is “whatever puts food on the table.” A job is more important early in life.
- Your calling is the “most important thing you can do in which you would be most difficult to replace.”
- North describes his 2 callings. CD and RPC.
- If a student figures it out at 18, he can have a large calling. 1 or 2 hours per week.
- A job is more important early in life. Don’t forget your calling. Work on it a little every week.
- Join Toastmasters. If you excel in public speaking this will help you on the job and your calling.
- The calling is more important later in life.
- The calling provides your legacy. Intellectual inheritance. A project to help people improve their lives for 10 or 20 years after you die.
- Habits are formed young.
- The compounding process should begin early. Get rid of the bad habits now. Get started now.
- This process affects both job and calling.
- It is difficult to overcome a delayed calling.
- A calling is difficult to quantify. No objective success indicators.
- A calling rarely provides an income.
- Three principles of success
- Do what you say you will do.
- Do it at the price you agreed to.
- Finish on time.
- Three principles of goal setting (three principles of success applied to yourself)
- Identify what you want to accomplish. Be specific.
- Estimate what you are willing to pay. Time and money.
- Identify when you want to accomplish it.
- The five W’s of lifetime output
- What do you want to accomplish?
- Why do you want to do it and not something else?
- With whom do you want to accomplish it? (spouse should agree with your what and why)
- Where do you want to be? Tip: Don’t leave unless there is an overwhelming reason to go elsewhere.
- When do you want to get it done?
You can watch and to listen to this speech at Dr. Gary North’s business website. Click here.
Get Started With the Ron Paul Curriculum
You can see all the courses available with the Ron Paul Curriculum by clicking here. Every course comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
About the Instructor
Dr. Gary North is the author of over 60 books, including Honest Money, Salvation Through Inflation, and a 31-volume Economic Commentary of the Bible. He has published the Remnant Review newsletter since 1974. He has written over 1,250 articles on Lew Rockwell.com. Dr. North received his Ph.D. in American history from the University of California, Riverside.
Dr. North teaches economics, U.S. history, business, government, and the high school English courses for the Ron Paul Curriculum.
Subscribe now so you won’t miss a single episode!
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely. I really appreciate it. Enjoy the show!